- Handcrafted in Japan
- Short length ideal for mounting on cinema and mirrorless cameras
- Super-cardioid polar pattern for rejecting side noise
- Hardwired output cable with 3-pin XLR connector
- High sensitivity, low noise condenser microphone element
- Wide frequency response for accurate audio capture
- Powered by P48 phantom power
- All metal alloy case
- 10 year warranty with online registration
The SGM-250CX is a short length, condenser shotgun microphone that is ideal for mounting on compact digital cinema cameras, as well as DSLR and mirrorless cameras equipped with XLR adapters. Measuring at a mere 6 inches in length, the SGM-250CX can easily stay out of the way. Integrated in the microphone’s design is a hardwired, 13-inch XLR cable for convenient connection to camera microphone inputs. The microphone’s highly sensitive, condenser element is powered by standard 48 V phantom power, which most XLR microphone inputs can provide.
The SGM-250CX includes Azden’s SMH-X shock mount which mounts to standard size camera shoe slots, as well as ¼”- 20 threaded mounts and tripods. Also included are diameter expander sheets for universal compatibility with ring-clamp style microphone mounts.
Legendary Natural Sound
The SGM-250 microphone series has become notable in the industry for its natural, professional sound. Specifically tuned to preserve the natural qualities of a speaking subject. While other manufactures hype-up the bass response on their microphones, making the audio sound muddy, or over-accentuate high mids, making dialogue tracks sound harsh, you can expect the SGM-250CX to accurately record the sound of your scene.
Not Just A Reference Microphone
You can rely on the SGM-250CX for great reference audio, but it’s capable of more than that. Its low noise, and wide frequency response performance means it can capture audio good enough for the final cut. Whether you run and gun, mount to a pistol grip or a boom pole, the SGM-250CX can be your go-to mic for great dialogue capture.
In The Box
- SGM-250CX microphone
- Shock mount holder
- Carrying pouch
- Rubber sheets
- Freq. Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Super-cardioid
- Sensitivity: -33 dB at 1 kHz (0 dB = 1 V/Pa)
- Dynamic Range: 112 dB
- Impedance: 100 Ω (at 1 kHz)
- Max Input SPL: 130 dB SPL (1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.)
- S/N Ratio: 76 dB (1 kHz at 1 Pa)
- Power Requirement: DC 11-50 V Phantom
- Output: 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 153 mm x φ21 mm (6.02” x φ0.83”)Cable: φ5 mm x 330 mm
- Weight: 85 g (2.99 oz)
- Accessories: Shock mount holder, windscreen, carrying pouch, rubber sheets