Tomlinson Holman, President of TMH Corporation; former Corporate Technical Director at Lucasfilm, Ltd., CA, USA and Arthur Baum, University of Southern California Market: Filmmakers shooting with digital video on lower budgets; students in film and television schools Key Features: *Learn how to get great sound on a limited budget, from the recognized expert in the field *Provides tips and instructions for improving sound, from planning through mixing *Includes CD with recording and editing exercises Achieve professional quality sound on a limited budget! Harness all new, Hollywood style audio techniques to bring your independent film and video productions to the next level. In Sound for Digital Video, Second Edition industry experts Tomlinson Holman and Arthur Baum give you the tools and knowledge to apply recent advances in audio capture, video recording, editing workflow, and mixing to your own film or video with stunning results. This fresh edition is chockfull of techniques, tricks, and workflow secrets that you can apply to your own projects from preproduction through postproduction. New to this edition:
- A new feature on "true" 24p shooting and editing systems, as well as single vs. double-system recording
- A strong focus on new media, including mini-DVDs, hard disks, memory cards, and standard and high-definition imagery
- Discussion of camera selection, manual level control, camera and recorder inputs, location scouting, and preproduction planning
- Instruction in connectors, real-time transfers, and file-based transfers from DVDs, hard drives, and solid state media.
- Blu-Ray and HD tape formats for mastering and distribution in addition to file-based, DV, and DVD masters.
- A revamped companion website, www.focalpress.com/cw/holman, featuring recording and editing exercises, examples and sample tracks
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.