If you license or publish images, this guide is as indispensable as your camera. It provides specific information on the legal rights of photographers, illustrators, artists, covering intellectual property, copyright, and business concerns in an easy-to-read, accessible manner.
--Edward Greenberg, a litigator practicing in New York City for over thirty years, has represented some of the top photographers and illustrators in the business and Jack Reznicki, an internationally renowned commercial people and children photographer based in New York City.
- Serious and complex concepts presented in a fun and easy to digest manner
- The legal and professional perspective are both represented by the authors
- Forms and tip sheets included
- Real world case studies
- The authors’ unique and personable writing style sets this book apart
If you license or publish images, this guide is as indispensable as your camera. It provides specific information on the legal rights of photographers, illustrators, artists, covering intellectual property, copyright, and business concerns in an easy-to-read, accessible manner. The Copyright Zone, Second Edition
covers: what is and isn’t copyrightable, copyright registration, fair use, model releases, contracts and invoices, pricing and negotiation, and much more.
Presented in a fun and easy to digest style, Jack Reznicki and Ed Greenberg, LLC help explain the need-to-know facts of the confusing world of legal jargon and technicalities through real world case studies, personal asides, and the clear writing style that has made their blog Thecopyrightzone.com and monthly column by the same name in Photoshop User magazine two industry favorites. The second edition of this well-reviewed text has almost doubled in size to ensure that every legal issue you need to know about as a photographer or artist is covered and enjoyable to learn!
- Introduction, 2. Selling yourself, 3. Your Bundle of Rights, 4. Hope You Registered that Weapon, Sheriff?, 5. Release Me!, 6. Contracts & Invoices, 7. Agents, Reps, and Lawyers, Oh My! Or Playing with Others 8., Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, and Little League: Social Photography Issues, 9. Stuff You Should Know, 10. Sample Release Forms