240 Pages - 368 Color Illustrations
The Hair Stylist Handbook
Techniques for Film and Television
By Gretchen Davis
Achieve professional quality hair results with this full-color, comprehensive book from award-winning hair and makeup pros, Gretchen Davis and Yvette Rivas. In The Hair Stylist Handbook: Techniques for Film and Television, you’ll learn how to create that sought-after "complete look" by learning the newest hair techniques that are in demand on film and television sets. Learn how to break into the industry, what products to use to achieve specific effects, how to maintain a look throughout the day, what quick techniques to use to achieve certain textures, and much more. With input from hairstylist Yvette Rivas, this step-by-step guide makes complex techniques clear, allowing you to achieve the most coveted results. In this informative handbook you will find:
- An extensive chapter on men’s grooming techniques and hair products
- Specific techniques for dramatic and long lasting hair color
- Lists of the best hair tools and instructions for how to use them to achieve different looks
- Information about how production schedules, cast, and crew are all affected and influenced by the hair and makeup team
- Details on how to run a successful and organized hair and makeup trailer on set
- Whether you are a professional in the field, or a student looking to break in to the industry, this book will provide you with secrets and information that you cannot find anywhere else.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1- Anatomy
Chapter 2- Color
Chapter 4- Men’s Grooming
Chapter 5- Design
Chapter 6- Education
Gretchen Davis is a highly sought after makeup artist and writer for the entertainment industry, where she has worked for high profile clients in film, television, and digital media as a personal or department head. In 2012 Gretchen was nominated for an Emmy highlighting her work on Hemingway and Gellhorn. Some of her clients have included Cate Blanchett, who in her Oscar’s acceptance speech thanked Gretchen personally, Gerard Butler, Jonathan Groff, Russell Tovey, and Rob Lowe. Gretchen also keyed projects like feature films Milk, Steve Jobs, and NBC’s Trauma. She has been featured in SF Magazine, where critics praised her work on the film, Blue Jasmine. She has also been featured on various blogs and in print articles.
With contributions by:
Yvette Rivas is a freelance hairstylist with a long history in the entertainment industry. Her experience includes contributing to the design of dolls in the likeness of the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Kate Winslet, and Pamela Anderson. Yvette has been a department head for films, television shows, web series, and national commercials. She is also a Primetime Emmy nominated hairstylist for HBO's Hemingway & Gellhorn, and was recognized at the Oscars for her work in Blue Jasmine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.