Stereoscopic Workflows and Techniques
By Rick Baumgartner
Master the complex realities of 3D postproduction workflows and solutions with this one-of-a-kind guide. Brimming with techniques that have been used on actual 3D productions and can easily be incorporated into your own workflows, Rick Baumgartner’s 3D Postproduction offers you:
- The best practices for 3D preproduction and production to ensure a smooth post process, saving both time and money
- Abundant workflow diagrams, screen grabs, and checklists to reinforce your learning with visual cues
- Common postproduction considerations such as dailies, assembly, cutting, and color correction, and how they differ between 3D and 2D post pipelines
- Examples of 3D gone bad and how those scenarios can be avoided
- In-depth interviews with working professionals and extensive tutorials that provide practical insight from the trenches of real-world 3D postproduction
- A companion website (www.focalpress.com/cw/baumgartner) featuring project files and video clips demonstrating the 3D workflows covered in the book
Table of Contents
How the Book is Organized; What is a Workflow; Planning; Managing; Metadata; Input/Output; Screenings/Playout/Dailies; Conversions and Transcodes; Editorial; Fixing Stereo Problems; Visual Effects; Color; Deliverables; What's Next'
Rick Baumgartner is a Digital Content Producer specializing in postproduction, visual effects, and advanced imaging. He contributed post expertise to the first digitally captured live-action 3D feature (U2 3D), the first digital 3D television episode (NBC's Chuck vs. The Third Dimension), and the first digital 3D television commercial. Rick received an Emmy nomination for his visual effects work on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. His feature film work includes 300, Monster House, and Idiocracy, and he has production credits on six videogames. You can visit his website at www.RickBaumgartner.com.
"With this book, Rick has taken his wealth of 3D experience and created a bible for indie 3D filmmakers. In clear, concise terms his explanations cut through the mire of confusion often surrounding the process of 3D creation."
-Al Caudullo, 3DGuy.tv, Award-winning 3D Indie Filmmaker, Educator & 3D Evangelist
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.